Directorate of open and distance education (DODE)
The mandate of DODE is to provide access to quality education to the out of school youths and adults using alternative methodologies and technologies. DODE has three units Educational Broadcasting Services, Distance Education, Open Learning which hosts adult literacy which is a sub sector.
Vision Provision of innovative and relevant life long education and training accessible to all through open and distance learning.
To guide the provision of education and training for all out of school youths and adults through alternative modes of education delivery using different methodologies and technologies in order for them to gain knowledge and skills.
The overall goals are:
- To provide equal access to education at all levels through ODL in partnership with key stakeholders.
- To provide quality and relevant education, which enhances knowledge, skills, attitudes and life-long learning.
- An improved ODL policy formation and information management environment.
- An open and distance education system that helps to counter the HIV and AIDS gender equity.
- Effective use of educational technologies in a blended approach.
The Directorate is guided by these values
Integrity, Professionalism, Caring, Teamwork, Inattentiveness