About the Ministry
The Mandate of the MoGE is to formulate and implement Education and Science Policies, set and enforce standards and regulations, licence, supervise and provide education and skills development, as well as promote science, technology and innovation education.
The Ministry is composed of the following departmens and units:
- Department of Planning and Information
- Department of Standards and Curriculum
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- Department of Open and Distance Education
- Department of Human Resources and Administration
- Department of Teacher Education and Specialized Services
- Accounts Unit
- Internal Audit Unit
- Procurement and Supplies Unit
In addition, there are statutory bodies that perform specialized services to the general public and operate according to existing enabling Acts. These include;
- The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ)
- Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Zambia Education Publishing House (ZEPH)
- Zambia National Commission for UNESCO and Education Boards.
Quality lifelong Education for all, which is accessible, inclusive and relevant to individuals, national and global needs and values systems.
To Enable and provide an Education System that will meet the needs of Zambia and it’s people.